Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a 92 9c1 in a wrecking yard and i have a 93 caprice and was wondering if i swapped out the pcm chip from the 9c1 would i notice any difference n whut else would b good for performance. also debating if i want the digital dash out of it

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Since our cars don't have 'chips' go ahead.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Your about to get it bad

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if I get it or not. I jus wanna get whatever parts from this car that will perform a lil better so any ideas

·
Registered
546 Posts
Since our cars don't have 'chips' go ahead.
Wrong! incorrect info right there. And zero value added to the thread.

TBI cars do have a removeable EPROM in the ECU that contains the engine calibration program.
The injectors are 65lb units on the 9C1, and the Civie has 55lb'ers. If you want to use the 9C1 EPROM efficiently, you will need the injectors.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The injectors are 65lb units on the 9C1, and the Civie has 55lb'ers. If you want to use the 9C1 EPROM efficiently, you will need the injectors.
Correct. If you just swap PROM's, you'll be tending toward lean without the higher flow injectors.

don't 9c1's have an L98 cam too?
Yes. 9C1's got a better exhaust system from the factory and the '773 cam, which is really close to the LT1 cam. All civvie cars, whether 305 or 350, got the pathetic '155 cam. (http://www.gmtips.com/3rd-degree/dox/tips/cams/cams.htm)

Also, ESC modules are 9C1 specific, as is the ICM. If you want to run this prom chip, it would be best to get all these parts as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts