Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 9c1 w 204k and would like to drop the rear a little and maintain a nice rake. How do you think the ss springs would affect my ride height? With 204k on the clock the 9c1 may be settled lower than the ss springs? Ideas?
thanks,
Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The SS springs will be noticably lower than your stock 9C1 springs. But if you want to keep a slight rake, don't leave your 9C1 fronts in. Putting SS rears in without changing out the front 9C1s to something lower, the rear will be saggy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have SS in the front and 9c1 in rear. It makes the rear sway a bit more. Planning on putting the SS's in the rear soon just to see all around SS ride height. Although it is nice not having to worry about scrapping my tail pipes everywhere. I'll get back to you once there in. From what i have read on here i think cutting one spring off the front and leave the rear stock with new sways and shocks will handle and give a nice rake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just put SS in rear and its a big improvement as far as handling. Minimal wheel gap and looks alot better. At this point i am going to get some shocks and maybe swaybars but with crappy shocks it still handles much better than 9c1's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.