Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
anyone know the size of the speakers in my 94 9C1? also i have a alpine head unit, what would be a good upgrade to the speakers for a clean sounding stereo? nothing trick, no "amps" or "bass boxes", just a nice playing speaker upgrade that could be done on a limited budget. thanks

brandon :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my girlfriend bought me rockford fosgate punch 4x6s and JL evolution 6x9s. sounds great. good punch and clarity. sorry, but i have no idea how much they cost... i listen mostly to metal, and i've yet to hear a non-amped system that sounds better. (granted i haven't heard that many aftermarket systems, but still......)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how limited your budget is, but I got a set of these and I'm really happy with them (after I figured out that there were two pairs of wires on either side. They're called loudspeakers, and they sound incredible with my new head unit. I have a pair of semi-cheap Pioneer 4"x6"ers that'll go in very soon as the factory ones are nearly shot.
You can really see the difference between the factory rears and my new Infinity's!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Blaupunkt speakers all around, 6X9's out back and 6.5 round up front. I think they sound excellent, and for a system with no woofers, the bass hits hard enough for me.

I hated the stock 9C1 speakers, but I geve the stock 6X9's to my friend to put in his maxima (which had blown speakers) and he is still enjoying them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have boston rally 6x9 in the back, and boston CX 6.5 in the front, they are amped and i do have a sub..........but the speakers by themselves sound pretty nice

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front 4x6's are crap and just about any size speaker will fit in there I constantly blow speakers so I think I have Quam 8 inch ceiling loudspeakers in the front and stock 6x9's in the back.

I would stay away from high wattage speakers like those Infinity's unless you plan on running another amp for them, then again anything is better then stock. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts