Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to raise the rear of my SS about 1 inch. -- looks like the 9C1 springs are the way to go.

Who sells them?

And can someone give me some basic instructions on how to change the rear springs?

Thanks.

-SA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a pair of boxy 9C1 rear springs which raised my civi about an inch this was without any additional weight like a stereo or anything. I actually do want to get rid of them but have a hard time suggesting anything but AirLifts to people. Look into those and if the BOXY 9C1 springs seem to be what you want shoot me a PM I would sell them reasonably priced and I bought them new so they don't have a whole lot of miles I used them like 2 summers. I found in winter I needed the extra traction the lower rear offered so I swapped them out. I am in a snowy area though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't think you need a spring compressor. I know for a fact you don't taking the 9C1 springs out. I think they needed a little "encouraging" to come out, and I remember it being possible to "encourage" them to go back in. But that was over 2 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.