Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 94-96 police cars, did 4-wheel disc get put on all of them? What about cruise control? Somebody mentioned something about a JSO car. I couldn't find that in the RPO's so does it mean anything to anybody?
thanks
Brian

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 4 wheel disc brakes on my 95 9c1 and i dont have cruise control though I have really been a big fan of cruise probably mostly because most of my cars never had it. but it would be nice sometimes, especially when im trying to keep the mph's down. peace

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 95 OHP trooper car that has cruise. The TPD cop cars didn't come with it, since they are more than likely running stop and go traffic instead of turnpikes and such.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1994-1996 9C1s ALL have 4WDB. Cruise is a separate option. I have a '94 9C1 LT1 with 93k miles that has power windows, locks, and mirrors, rear defrost, full carpet with cloth rear seat, rearview mirror with reading lamps, cruise control, and dual power seats. It was ordered by the fire marshal of a small town. No spotlight.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIN Guy:
1994-1996 9C1s ALL have 4WDB. Cruise is a separate option. I have a '94 9C1 LT1 with 93k miles that has power windows, locks, and mirrors, rear defrost, full carpet with cloth rear seat, rearview mirror with reading lamps, cruise control, and dual power seats. It was ordered by the fire marshal of a small town. No spotlight.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VIN Guy, my car is very similar to yours, same color and options except for cruise, dual power seats (just driver's on mine), and the map lights.

I wish I had cruise. Is it very expensive for either the dealer or another mechanic to install aftermarket cruyise on these cars?? :confused:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a lot of aftermarket cruise's available. Most have good enough instructions so they can be installed by anyone. Check with local acc. shop or catalogs like J.C. Whitney.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I wish I had cruise. Is it very expensive for either the dealer or another mechanic to install aftermarket cruyise on these cars??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed a factory setup, works great.

I am in upstate (NW) SC. I could help you install a factory one sometime when I'm less busy.

Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a after market cruise and it was not worth the $ i would look around for a factory set up for sale from a bone yard or ebay. Thats how i got the replacement for my aftermarket. Its not too dificult of an install if you have the know how.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts