Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 9C1 suspension is presently stock and will become my daily driver. The lower body mounts will be replaced soon and I was thinking about going with Hotchkis products - swaybars, rear lower control arms, and springs. I'll also replace the shocks, most likely Bilsteins. I'll probably also do some Moog upgrading soon.

It seems that Hotchkis springs and the 1516/1517 Bilstein setup would work well since they are both progressive springs/shocks. Is this a good idea?

I'm going to have to wait on new wheels/tires and now run the 9C1 HD 15x7s with 225/70/15s. If I lower it with Hotchkis springs, how will the stock tires look? Will there be any drivability issues to worry about?

I've been reading a lot here and want to make sure I go with the right combo, specifically on a 9C1. Ed, maybe you can help me here, too? :D THANX

Mike

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, e-mailed him last week and he's got the BEST prices on Hotchkis stuff. ;) Thankss

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those tires are pretty tall. The Hotchkis springs will lower an SS about 1.5 inches, and an SS is lower than a 9C1 so your car will be lowered more than 1.5 inches. I would make sure there is no rubbing on the front suspension pieces, I think the back might be OK. I think this info is correct, let me know if it is not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts