Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the GM shipping weight of a 94 9C1? Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Between 4000 and 4300 lbs.
Anyone ever actually put one on a scale?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cars are required to be weighed here since it's the determining factor in how much tax you pay each year.
My car weighs 3920 lbs. I'd think a 9C1 would weigh about the same. You have a slightly heavier frame and rear axle but mine probably has more weight in the interior (power seats, windows, bigger seats etc). Differences in weight between different years are probably very small.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys but I need the GM advertised shipping weight specifically for a 9C1. Anyone have literature with a listing?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carlton:
Cars are required to be weighed here since it's the determining factor in how much tax you pay each year.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's probably why you see so many small cars over there. My family would be in big trouble if we had the same law here.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My car weighs 3920 lbs. I'd think a 9C1 would weigh about the same. You have a slightly heavier frame and rear axle but mine probably has more weight in the interior (power seats, windows, bigger seats etc). Differences in weight between different years are probably very small.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm, only 3920, huh? I DEFINITELY need to go weigh my caprice. It's a civi witht he light frame and axle and no power seats, but it does have power windows. I am gonna pull the rear window motors for the rear. That should save a few pounds each. I've pulled the thick side molding, pulled the hood mat, no spare in it right now, and I'm gonna pull the stereo (wires and all). I was wanting to get that car to 3800. I'm probably close now.

:D :eek:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try Chevrolet Customer Relations. It should be in your Owner's Manual. And if you get it, would you please post it here.

TIA

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize you need the GM's shipping weight, but we've got scales here at work and it sparked my interest.

What is the actual weight of my beast...

It's a 1994 9C1 that is essentially bone stock (for now).

With 22 gallons of gas it weight in at a hefty 4,200 lbs. If gas weighs 6.1 lbs/gallon then the car would weigh ~4,066 lbs.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
half tank of gas, no stereo(meaning I had my subs and trunk setup out for the day at the track.), and my Ass in it:

4214 on the scales at the track.

(PS this weight was with the auto trans, and I weigh 200, So 4000 was a good estimate guys!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool. with my fatass and the max halftank i can afford... hmmm.. bout 4366 lol! hey will it affect anything to take out the hood insulation or that weatherstripping? save weight? won't burn the paint will it?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I scaled mine with the speaker box inside last year and it weighed 4220. Should be about 4100 this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts