Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pics of 9c1 wheels on a wagon? I have an all white '95 RMW and thinking about going that route, but want an idea of how it would look.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
My factory wheels

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Here's my old RMW. It got a lot of WTF stares but I loved the look. I think the stares were cause it was loud as balls. People always got out of my way with that thing...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Mine that came from the factory that way too. shots from the E-bay add I bought it from

early family portrait (when I only had two)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics. What's the best way to clean them so that they shine. What products should I use?

·
Registered
576 Posts
That photo of mine is right after the wheels were very recently refinished ~ sanded and repainted with rattle can black and new center caps.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've got them on both my wagons. When I first put them on, I just painted them black with the center caps. I posted pictures on the forum. One member, whose opinion I value, JaySS, said it makes the car look like a beater. I got thinking about it, and he was right.

He suggested paint them silver with chrome rings, polish the center caps and new lugnuts and bolts. I couldn't believe the difference. My wagons are woody's. Non wood wagons look OK with black wheels, but not woody's.

Tom C.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. I'm running 235/70/15 tires......speedo is pretty close to stock reading.

·
Registered
576 Posts
^^ I like that look with just the center of the center cap being chrome [and chrome lug nuts], makes it look better with the trim rings.

·
Registered
778 Posts
lol mike tx: I have that photo of your car on my computer - it's the wagon that my wagon will hopefully one day grow up to be. :)

Except I'm ditching my silver two-tone.

Also, 235/70 tires are .2 inches shorter than stock, so yeah not a huge deal.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
235/70 tires are .2 inches shorter than stock, so yeah not a huge deal.
235/70R15 was the optional tire size for B-wagons with V92 Tow Pack.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I plan to run 4x 255/55/17 with one 235/70/15 spare.
Looks like there is only a 0.3% error between the two.

28" tires look really good on the wagon and 29" not that bad either, maybe a bit too big but better looking than 27" that are stock Impala SS size.

Code:
235/70-15         6.5in  14.0in    28.0in         87.8in        722        0.0% 
255/55-17         5.5in  14.0in    28.0in         88.1in        719        0.3%

1 - 20 of 28 Posts