Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Your B4U has the dual trans cooler, just like the 9C1's. The green hoses, are orange on the inside. They are silicone, and should never wear out. That's what is so special about them. looking for a set? I have a set I'm looking to get rid of. PM me.

· Banned
1,259 Posts
you plan on driving around withthe hood open?

· Registered
440 Posts
I got a picture of New York State laser etched into my silicon hoses bruh

· Registered
2,856 Posts
What is so great about the 9c1 hoses the green ones ...?
They last forever and also NEVER bond to metal parts so they are easy to remove without damaging them. The only reason I can come up with as to why they are not standard equipment on all cars today is that hose and belt manufacturers would go out of business, as there would be no damand for replacement hoses.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
"a guy in my nieborhood trying to sell me some for 10 bucks but i think they are kinda ugly cant they be died, anything to change the color."

Given that they are an ugly color, you should definitely not use them.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah.. NEVER use any auto part for QUALITY over LOOKS. thats just plain ol weetauded.
i'll buy them from you for $13. gives some profit to go buy some autozone plastic chrome decal fender vents! cuz they dont work that good BUT look f'n COOL!

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
in his defence i get tired of people asking are those garden hoses?

but they are the best, period....i blew up the blue ones from good year.

i even had a fan rubbing on one for 3000 miles and it didnt wear through....i replaced it just incase but any other hose 300 miles of that fan spinning on the hose you would of be stuck somewhere.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
your car has a long way to go to compete, wat else you got than your green hoses lol?
...to compete in what??

..i dont have green hoses remember?? i made u an offer. & to think, i was gonna hook u up with some "major mods cabbage" just to be the middle man. PFFSHHH cwm5 i'll pass thankyou

Dont let it get to you man, im just sayin... those hoses "are the best"

· Registered
33 Posts
Not to get too far off topic but, Whats the diff between B4U and 9C1? What are the H.P. & Torque stats for these cars?
I knew a cop that said they had 335 HP w/ 4.11 gears. True?
:D:D

· Registered
2,856 Posts
I knew a cop that said they had 335 HP w/ 4.11 gears. True?
:D:D
False. AFIK, the power ratings for the LT1's were identical: 260hp, 330lb-ft. B4U's all had 2.93:1 gears and HD cooling with mechanical primary fans, and all B4U's were LT1-powered. 9C1's had the 4.3L L99 V8 with 3.23:1 axle standard (200hp, 245lb-ft), and the LT1 optional. All LT1 9C1's were equipped with 3.08:1 axle and extra capacity cooling with dual electric fans. The 9C1 drivetrain is identical to the Impala SS's.

· Registered
126 Posts
False. AFIK, the power ratings for the LT1's were identical: 260hp, 330lb-ft. B4U's all had 2.93:1 gears and HD cooling with mechanical primary fans, and all B4U's were LT1-powered. 9C1's had the 4.3L L99 V8 with 3.23:1 axle standard (200hp, 245lb-ft), and the LT1 optional. All LT1 9C1's were equipped with 3.08:1 axle and extra capacity cooling with dual electric fans. The 9C1 drivetrain is identical to the Impala SS's.
My caprice came with factory 3:42 gears!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.