Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing it doesn't have is the Police chip! I really wanted to write this clown and egg him on about his 9C3 Impala FBI Undercover Interceptor but thought better of it. Thought you might get a laugh at this ad.
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/1387961279.html

·
Registered
210 Posts
What's wrong with his ad? Type in 9c3 Impala in google, and it comes up as an undercover police package, available on the later model Impalas...
The only thing I really see wrong is the word Interceptor, which some guys throw the emblem on the back of their 9c1's. Ford had the Interceptor.
Not trying to call you out on this.
www.policevehicle.com/2007/Impala9C3.pdf

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah, 9C3 is the FWD fleet package, same as the 9C1 was. It doesn't mean that it's an 'FBI undercover' car though. It just means it's a heavy duty trim package for fleet purchase (police, FBI, fire departments, etc). People like to throw around terms like FBI or police because it makes others think the car will be faster then normal.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
This seems to apply to Caprice and Impala.

"Police Interceptor" is a general term used to identify vehicles used in police service. This general designation can cover a wide range of vehicles from the Ford Mustang and Camaro to a Tahoe SUV or Ford F150 pickup. Generally, the Police Interceptor or Police Pursuit Vehicle means a full sized four door sedan. In recent years, front wheel drive vehicles like the Chevrolet Impala or Dodge Intrepid have seen some use by police departments. For our purposes here at Texas Interceptors, we have chosen to focus on the rear wheel drive Ford Crown Victoria and Chevrolet Caprice rear wheel drive models which were discontinued after the 1996 model year.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"FBI cars are in fact faster than cop cars."

What they are is better maintained. The federal cars are always more desirable for that reason.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I beat the crap..., ahh, I mean, drive very carefully, new 9C3's everyday.:D

3.9L is OK, at most...

They won't spin 'em from a dead stop though...cwm2

Sorry, no real info here...cwm3

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 9C1 and 9C3 package Impala's do not get a heavy duty transmission.They get the same light duty tranny that the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and Monti Carlo SS got with the NA 3.8L V6.The only difference is that the police cars got a tranny cooler.

The Impala SS,Buick GS,Pontiac Grand Prix GTP got the heavy duty transmissions due to their Supercharged motors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.