Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow ISSF members,

@Caddyshack95 has suffered a force majeure event: his home was flooded under 4 feet of water.

Among worse things, his '95 Fleetwood V4P has taken a bath.
According to him, the water did not reach the bottom of the seat cushions.

The water only got up to the floorboards, but not quite up to the seat cushions.
The insurance company - Grange - has totaled it.
Grange has not yet stated the valuation, which he fears will be drastically underestimated, given that it's a V4P.

How does he fight the valuation if Grange underestimates?
Since it's likely Grange will underestimate the value of the car, how does he go about fighting the undervaluation?
How does he go about keeping the V4P?

Oh - how many '95 V4P were produced?

Any advice regarding the above, or any other advice or assistance of any kind would be most appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Caddyshack95

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ugh that's so sad to hear.

Some people/services appraise the car based on the pictures provided without seeing it in person, the only caveat is that all the pictures of the car from the outside, inside, engine bay etc are done at the same time for their document.

So if he has a set of pictures laying around he might be able to get it appraised remotely so that he can get a better valuation from the appraiser and use that as a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
The market for anything 'used' has been insane, and without actually doing comparisons in KBB, Edmunds, NADA and the rest I'm not getting the stigma about V4Pes. Fleetwoods in general are holding as well as anything else their age - I think. IDK Grange at all, but I've had luck when my carrier (highbrow hoitie toitie State Farm) does their expected initial lo-ball total offer, by taking one of two approaches. If I really want the car, then whether my policy terms actually cover being made whole by repair, or, they see all the other policies they'll forfeit if they piss me off too much, then they'll relent and I get it repaired. Those occasions have ended up higher than the 'total' amount but also lower than what I demanded using comparable 'sales' that I could document online. On one occasion the repair was actually 70% of the way between their lo-ball and my calculated 'value'. The other approach, to accepting that the car be totaled, is using those same documented 'sales' as leverage against their lowball. It's important not to dilute the argument with any online 'for sale' amounts. And my carrier always paid extra for any performance / safety addons, more than likely again from just wanting not to jeopordize the cash cow of all my combined policies. Best luck in your decision.
One note: All they care about is the money. I made the 'adjustment team' look good when I suggested they cover the $1,500+ in parts costs for me to rebuild my own tranny v. a $2,300 'voucher' for a chain outfit to slap in a rebuild.

BTW, it's rather rat$IHJ that happened with errthin' else you got going on. Bull On.

And just caught toon-'s post = valid insights. I like the 'buyback'/swap-over deal if you're so inclined. And FWIW, my carrier would offer to do a home inspection if I couldn't get to their regional adjustment depot.

• Helpful

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
And that 4' but only up past the rockers makes me wonder if you had it as high as possible up on stands ????????

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My posting of this ongoing development is what little I can do for @Caddyshack95.
That said, I've no knowledge of the architectural layout of his property.

• Love

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
For a count of V4P production I've heard such info on the Cadillac Forum being available from something called compnine

·
Registered
531 Posts
How does he go about keeping the V4P?
If possible, don't sign anything until he cashes the check, and then still don't sign anything. My t-boned '66 Toronado was towed to my house while I haggled with the other guy's insurance. When they sent an acceptable payment and the title sign-over papers, there was nothing contractual on the check itself about relinquishing title, so I deposited the check and never signed the car away, then stripped and sold most of the car.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The 91 was totaled twice from being hit by other drivers. Their insurance companies handed over the check and had zero interest in getting the car. Just more cost for them to deal with.

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
370 Posts
For a count of V4P production I've heard such info on the Cadillac Forum being available from something called compnine
Will read and respond to the rest of the stuff soon. Dealing with a lot at the same time.

regarding compnine, last I was on there, it was subscription only, which I don’t have.
Can anyone elaborate or post the hard data? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a concrete number, just speculation.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham (V4P)
21 Posts
@Caddyshack95 -- truly sorry to read here about your bad fortune.

I don't have hard data for 1995 (or 1996, and I've looked far and wide for them), but the actual figure for 1994 was posted on the CF by @FleetwoodAddict here:

In 1994, a mere 713 Fleetwood/FWB came with the V4P Trailering Package with 3.42 axle, out of 27,473 produced. That is less than 3%.

Note that an additional 904 FW/FWB came equipped with the (less desirable, IMHO) V92 package with 2.93 axle in 1994. The total with either TP was thus 1,617/27,473 = 5.9%.

PS: I doubt that the numbers are much higher for 1995, as the info for 1993 shows 2,505 FW/FWB (out of a total of 31,777 produced) had the V4P package. AFAIK, there was no V92 package for 1993 (mentioning this just in case your adjuster mentions the 2,505 figures). So that's 6.9% of the 1993s with the TP. See here:

·
Registered
21 Posts
PPS: it took me 11 months to find a V4P in very good mechanical and cosmetic condition that was not priced "crazily" -- I saw a few excellent ones in the $20k+ range, mine was quite a bit less. Happy to share via PM if you need that info, even if I doubt that your adjuster will be interested in hearing it.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like @93-96 Fleetwood addict stopped posting Dec 25 '20, and last seen mid Feb '21.
ayilar, might he respond if you try to contact him by Private Message / Conversation, through that forum?

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,831 Posts
I will post what I told Kevin privately...

You can easily appeal their offer on an informal basis by just showing them receipts and linking them to similar vehicles that have sold.

When my B4U was totaled, I was able to get partial reimbursement for parts that I didn't have receipts for. So, don't be so pessimistic, this could still go well for you.

·
Registered
1995 V4P Fleetwood
370 Posts
The 91 was totaled twice from being hit by other drivers. Their insurance companies handed over the check and had zero interest in getting the car. Just more cost for them to deal with.
I’m going to be forced to buy it back if that’s the way I want to go. No free lunch here.

@Caddyshack95 -- truly sorry to read here about your bad fortune.

I don't have hard data for 1995 (or 1996, and I've looked far and wide for them), but the actual figure for 1994 was posted on the CF by @FleetwoodAddict here:

In 1994, a mere 713 Fleetwood/FWB came with the V4P Trailering Package with 3.42 axle, out of 27,473 produced. That is less than 3%.

Note that an additional 904 FW/FWB came equipped with the (less desirable, IMHO) V92 package with 2.93 axle in 1994. The total with either TP was thus 1,617/27,473 = 5.9%.

PS: I doubt that the numbers are much higher for 1995, as the info for 1993 shows 2,505 FW/FWB (out of a total of 31,777 produced) had the V4P package. AFAIK, there was no V92 package for 1993 (mentioning this just in case your adjuster mentions the 2,505 figures). So that's 6.9% of the 1993s with the TP. See here:

Thank you so so much! So at that rate, at 2.59% V4P of 16k 1995 cars, that’s 419 tow pack cars ever made.

Mine is a base model, no hard top, even more desirable.
There are probably only 100 or less tow pack cars from that year even in existence.

How would I go about valuing the tow pack cars since there are NONE for sale?

PPS: it took me 11 months to find a V4P in very good mechanical and cosmetic condition that was not priced "crazily" -- I saw a few excellent ones in the $20k+ range, mine was quite a bit less. Happy to share via PM if you need that info, even if I doubt that your adjuster will be interested in hearing it.
Thank you. I’ll try and get in touch. Very busy trying to crunch numbers.

I remember you took a long time trying to find yours!

I will post what I told Kevin privately...

You can easily appeal their offer on an informal basis by just showing them receipts and linking them to similar vehicles that have sold.

When my B4U was totaled, I was able to get partial reimbursement for parts that I didn't have receipts for. So, don't be so pessimistic, this could still go well for you.
I wasn’t thinking about parts with no receipts which would be the headers I bought from you

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
There is no way to calculate something like this. It is super desirable to car guys like us. But, there are also a whole bunch of buyers out there who don't know or care what V4P means.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Hoping for the best outcome for you.

Just wanted to note, rarity due to obscure options does not instantly equate to value or worth.
Haha, yep, you beat me to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you so so much! (...)

Mine is a base model, no hard top, even more desirable.
There are probably only 100 or less tow pack cars from that year even in existence.

You are welcome! Lack of vinyl top is more desirable to me too, but I would respectfully beg to differ on the base model's being more valuable. To me at least, the seats are less comfortable and the wheels are not as nice.

As for there being none for sale, I tried to keep track of all FB/CL postings and all eBay auctions while I was hunting. Happy to share the info with you if you are interested--as mentioned, just PM me if that info is helpful.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts