Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Black Interior (more pictures to follow, as weather clears up)

In 2003, A young lad purchased a 96 ss with 63k miles for $11,250 as a college graduation gift to himself…Dillard University in New Orleans, Louisiana to be specific…this pic is the only surviving Pre-Hurricane Katrina photo I have. Taken in front of my ex’s house

At the time, I knew very little about cars and still only consider myself a novice at best. (My dad washed our cars with Dawn dish detergent WTF). Assisting my step dad is actually how I caught the bug (no homo, no I’m not talking about the Clap). He had a sweet lt-4 96 impala DCM with borla exhaust and more work than I care to write down here. He eventually sold it to his brother so it is still in the family. He currently has a 99 Pontiac Trans Am running mid 8s in the quarter and a 96 camaro running low 8s in the quarter….Yeah I know THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS, so here ya go

Anywho, being young and not knowing too much, the aforementioned Lad purchases a k&n intake and Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust. While these upgrades satisfied his thirst at the time, our Hero had dreams of a SSICK street ride…

Anywho, 2005 comes along and Hurricane Kartina blesses New Orleans with 5-8 ft of flood water. I evacuated prior with my family and my SS, and was fortunate to not have lost any family and friends in the storm…a photo of the house I grew up in

being homeless is about the most humbling experience anybody can experience

My project SS had been put on hold for quite some time. I am proud to say its finally back on track…with the forum and inspiration in the form of Punissher, BadBrad,SSon22s, and quite a few others I can’t recall…Also i posted links to where i ordered materials to make the build possible. Hopefully it helps others looking to do similar projects.

By no means am i worthy of the BIG MONEY INTERIORS thread but here goes

95 monte wheel swap
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/621882/6

SEM Satin Black painted upper/lower dash and door panel

Suede headliner pics coming soon (didnt snap any as it began to rain)
material purchased from yourautotrim.com

SEM Satin Black Dash, Trim, Etc
www.yourautotrim.com
still need to sand, prep and paint upper grey window trim (as soon as i figure out how to get it off)excuse the mess in pic 2

Black Seatbelts courtesy of Bob94’s upholstery guy in Texas…rewebbed and painted all sleeving etc to match….came out great

New leather courtesy of leatherseats.com, paid reg price due to the failing of the group purchase a few weeks ago…single tone black, black emblems
-took about 2 weeks from order to shipping

Shipped my emblems to SharpSS to powdercoat. Quick shot of the rear emblem. Two tone powdercoat in satin and gloss black finish

Finally, a pic as she sits now
in my opinion, not bad for 163k and original paint

and as with everyone else's projects, this thread is to be continued...

thanks for reading

Oh and a special shout out to my twin brother Vaughn (MUSSLE) a new member to the forum. He just purchased this beauty this past weekend

Feel free to give him as hard a time as you guys did with me as a NEWB!!!!

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
There's no need for a big money interior, you got it looking clean, nice work man.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Interior looks fresh and new, I even caught a glimpse of the headliner you did.
Everyone goes thru good and bad times, obviously some more than others.
Its nice to see you kept your head up and took care of your fam man.
Much respect.
Awesome interior job.
Dont think I've seen black on black interior quite like that, very nice.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Maybe you would be willing to trade interiors with a new young lad to the forum...Me.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Nice story and great job on the car.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very nice story dj. Keep up the good work bro...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Very Nice! Looks professional to me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Interior looks fresh and new, I even caught a glimpse of the headliner you did.
Everyone goes thru good and bad times, obviously some more than others.
Its nice to see you kept your head up and took care of your fam man.
Much respect.
Awesome interior job.
Dont think I've seen black on black interior quite like that, very nice.
+1^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Very nice looking car and an awesome interior. Love the color of the interior.

Tom C.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Like the interior bro, very clean and sweet. You did it just right. So what is your next mod? The money bug has already hitcha(LOL) Peace

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like the interior bro, very clean and sweet. You did it just right. So what is your next mod? The money bug has already hitcha(LOL) Peace

Next up is a complete exhaust rebuild. Headers back and the removal of the flomaster cat back....

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
looks good bro, nice work, but here are some ideas that i would do if it were mine

drop, tint, smoked tails, powdercoat ss wheels black and black scripts, but its your ride and still looks good

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Good job man (the car and bouncing back from catastrophe). I'd say, you're no longer a newb!

-Mike

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
looking good DJ ima be in new orleans on xmas eve (my gma bday on xmas) ima give you a call.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts