Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Fleetwood 5.7

I have recently rebuilt the Motor in it. While I was under the hood I replaced everything except for the alt and power steering pump. So after getting the new compressor, dryer, lines, etc assembled I started to fill the system and I noticed after adding the first can of 134 that the clutch wasn't kicking on. Well I guess I didnt replace the clutch switch on the dryer so I tried putting a jumper there and still nothing. Metered the wire's going to the compressor and I have ground but no power. So I sent power to the compressor and it turned on. So Now after checking all the fuses I'm stuck. Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction to start looking for a fix? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Do you have power at the cycling switch plug when the car is running and A/C is on? If not, check the A/C compressor relay and fuse.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have power at the cycling switch plug when the car is running and A/C is on? If not, check the A/C compressor relay and fuse.
I will double check in the morning. But yes when I checked on Thursday I do remember getting power there. But I will check in the morning one more time and report back. Thx for the response.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay but yes I do have power at the clutch cycle switch and power at the senor/switch on the high pressure line, I believe thats what it is anyway. It's right by the compressor. So yes for power there with a/c on but still no power at compressor.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Well, on the Fleetwood, all of that runs to the PCM, which grounds the compressor relay. Sounds like a relay or fuse issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts