Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Here's a few pics of the A/C drip tray,along with the rubber elbow that attaches on the eng compartment side. I replaced my heater core few weeks ago thought I'd share these of the drip tray.
The infamous "water fall" or "sloshing" sound we here in the hot months while using the A/C. The A/C evaporator drips onto the tray and then is supposed to run out through the tube and elbow.Sometimes the tube can get clogged and that's when we here the water sloshing around in the tray,or over flowing and dripping onto the carpet.

Hope these couple pics help some visualize what is happening.
I used a wooden pointer to show the location in the fire wall that the tray tube passes through.

Jim

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
What is that red/pink thing in the yellow circle?

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity.

·
Registered
572 Posts
That is the stud that one of the nuts(?) that holds the tray up. Or maybe a locator stud.

NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember now! Its for the kickplate that goes under there. I think!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sweet. I was right once.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The circled stud is for the dash support brace. It bolts to the support on the bottom directly out from the stud, and a nut goes on the stud after the brace is in place.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Okay... maybe I was close... lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Only missed it by that much
(2 feet).

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes thanks Fred. My description calling it a trim plate piece wasn't right.The brace is correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts