Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the 96 style mirrors on and shaved the rear wiper. I fiberglassed the panel above the window and it came out perfect! I also added the roof fillers but I need to get some lower profile bolts to hold it on. I took off all the center roof rack rails and temporarily plugged the holes with some push in plugs with a little silicone under the edges. I added a roll pan rear bumper with the lic pocket and painted the door handles white. I want to shave the door handles and weld in all the holes on the roof as well as fill in the lic pocket and fill the mirror mount holes in the doors. I have the heads and cam package in my garage now just need to install it along with the 3.73's, posi and an SLP 2400 stall converter. Exhaust is probably the next thing I will have done. Its a slow but steady progress but its gettin better all the time!!!

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Cant say exactly why, but i like your stlye:D

Where did you get the plugs for the roof and how much of a drop do you have in the front?

· Registered
305 Posts
That is the definition of smooth.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cant say exactly why, but i like your stlye:D

Where did you get the plugs for the roof and how much of a drop do you have in the front?
I got the plugs at an automotive fastener place nearby. They are push in style plugs like a door panel clip but much bigger diameter. I put a ring of silicone under each one when I put them on so I wouldn't get any water leakage. My suspension is 2" drop spindles in front with impala springs all the way around. Impala decarbon shocks in the rear and monroe severe service in front. No bouncing and a nice smooth ride. I think the fronts could be a little stiffer though. They are my original impala springs off my DCM ss. Lots of miles on them !!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Great looking wagon. Very clean and smooth. Any more info about the wheels?? (size, offsets etc)

· Premium Member
139 Posts
Damn Ron, that looks good! Helluva job so far!

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the props guys. Makes me want to get more done!!! I need to get my ass in gear and install the heads and cam I have for it. Then it will be even more fun!!!
Ron..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.