Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my rear shocks ,as while I was under the car ,I noticed one was leaking .I want to pick up something from the local parts store, like a Monroe or Gabriel,which is better and if anyone has PN#s it would help out ,,thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spend the extra and get the Bilsteins (about $300 shipped for the set). This is sort of a PITA job on the B-bodies (especially in back), and you want to do it RIGHT the first time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just want to clarify what AutocroSSer said -- it's $300 for rears AND fronts. thus, if you just wanted rears it would only set you back around $150 shipped. but i'd get them all replaced. Bilsteins are perhaps the perfect daily driver shock. as well, they have a lifetime warranty. i don't remember where i read this, but they supposedly retain 99% efficiency over 100,000 miles. you won't get that longevity from a monroe shock no matter what the parts guy tells you. just my .02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wagon came with the Monroes, and they sucked. I later installed KYBs, and they were significantly better (especially considering their limited cost), but I've heard that they don't last long. I'd have to go along with the others and suggest either the Bilstein or Koni shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.