Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 impala ss and when I turn the wheel when leaving out off a parking space in between two cars I here a knock or clunking noise but I have changed all 4 of the ball joints and the control arm bushings about 5 months ago any information will be helpful but the noise is only when I'm parallel parking or leaving from in between two cars also I just changed the wheel bearings yesterday............

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naw its not a high riser donk i have rubber band 24's no lift kit.....

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
check the steering box and idler arm to frame mounting bolts for looseness.
if theyre ok grab ahold of the tie rods and center link and yank on them individually to see if they have play.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If its when you turn the wheel to full-lock I'd say its the suspension binding. Its always been an issue on our '96 since new and was a hot topic of discussion back in the day on here.I think it was in the tie rod to sway bar area if I remember correctly, but its been a while since that was discussed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have the same problem when i turn the wheel all the way to the left i hear that knock sound every time. when i turn to the right it's totally fine

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Don't overlook the most simple and basic - when is the last time all the grease fittings were lubed? Amazing how many owners are surprised these cars even require it..........and thus have never done it.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
i have the same problem when i turn the wheel all the way to the left i hear that knock sound every time. when i turn to the right it's totally fine
there are steering stops on both sides of frame/lower control arms that need a dab of antiseize so they dont make a grinding noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts