Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to change up the grill on my car for a while. The E&G grills are really expensive and don't look right on this body style. Billet grills look great and I considered making up one of those. Instead I decided to make one out of chain link. This is the first time I have ever welded chain links together, and I think it is coming out pretty good so far. This is just a mock up, I still have to do some tweaking to get it just right, and I still need to fab a way to bolt it to the car. I have a pretty good idea how I will go about that, though. When finished, the surround will stay chrome and I will paint the chain black. So here it is.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is. The front passenger corner took a big hit a while back, so that's why everything is messed up there. Paint is next, so it will all get taken care off in the near future. I also stripped the paint off the hood. Gonna rock it bare steel for a while.

It kinda gets lost in there now that it's black, but oh well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks good man, what color you gonna paint it? And that thing is slammed lol, did you have to take out the inner fenders?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I already have satin black single stage that I am going to use. The previous owner spray bombed it. I like the look, just not the quality. And its bagged so I dont ride this low very often. This is as far as the wheels turn at full drop.

When paint is done, I am going to go back and get it laying frame. It is about 1.5" from laying in front and a little over 2" in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts