Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally installing the air ride tech kit on my car and I have a question.

I am running 3/8 DOT line, how close to exhaust components can you safely be without worring about melting the lines? I have the front lines running out the opening in the upper control arm, making a right angle and running along the frame to the back of the car. Do I need to put any type of heatshield on the lines in the engine compartment or anywhere along the line? The closest the lines are to exhaust along the frame is about 4 inches. The car is still on jackstands in the garage and I would rather do it now, than have to fix it later.

Thanks

[ 05-24-2007, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: CHVYMTL3 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think 4" away from exhaust you will be OK.
Why not run the lines inside the frame rails?
Mine come out on the outside of the frame rails
up front around where the inner fenderwell meets
(through the factory hole)and run the top of the frame & drop into the control arm.

I also covered all my lines with this stuff...
MSC hose wrap
at $0.16 a foot, it`s cheap insurance against abrasion.

HTH,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont even like plastic line. I know every trailer I yank around the country has it, but I have had better luck with Parker PushLok hose. Nice!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you guys getting your airride stuff from? I am thinking about doing airride on my 94 Caprice. How much has it cost you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be fine. I run ½" dot line on my car and have never had any issues from exhaust heat or underhood heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.