Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was possible to order or if anyone has seen a 94-96 Fleetwood with this combo of options.

1. V4P tow pack

2. Factory sunroof

3. Vinyl top delete

4. Cloth seats.

That would be my ideal one but I doubt it was ever made. At least I have never seen one anywhere.

Thank you, Uvaldi.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Not that hard to find

1. is a common option, and a nice spunky rearend and special transmission line pressures.
2. Meh.
3. All normal Fleetwoods.
4. All normal Fleetwoods.

It seems only rare if you want any other Brougham standard features not on a normal Fleetwood.

BTW and FWIW and IMHO my 'new' '96 has a sunroof and man I hate it. Noisy noisy noisy..... I removed and reglued the glass felt seal, reinstalled and micro-adjusted everything possible and still noisy noisy.

I also added some Fattmat pads to the top of the slide after recovering it. Still Noisy. My next step is simply putting some sound batt rock wool and pulling the fuse. From what I found the factory sunroof seal is unavailable. Aftermarket sunroofs were from a different co. and may still have the seal available. Or not. And the factory sunroof loses the garage door opener, sunglass holder and rear passenger opera lights/mirrors.

So factory sunroof FTS. (that's 'For The Suck', not Fleetwood Touring Sedan).

sorry to rant so much on the crappy noisy factory sunroof. Not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. is a common option, and a nice spunky rearend and special transmission line pressures.
2. Meh.
3. All normal Fleetwoods.
4. All normal Fleetwoods.

It seems only rare if you want any other Brougham standard features not on a normal Fleetwood.

BTW and FWIW and IMHO my 'new' '96 has a sunroof and man I hate it. Noisy noisy noisy..... I removed and reglued the glass felt seal, reinstalled and micro-adjusted everything possible and still noisy noisy.

I also added some Fattmat pads to the top of the slide after recovering it. Still Noisy. My next step is simply putting some sound batt rock wool and pulling the fuse. From what I found the factory sunroof seal is unavailable. Aftermarket sunroofs were from a different co. and may still have the seal available. Or not. And the factory sunroof loses the garage door opener, sunglass holder and rear passenger opera lights/mirrors.

So factory sunroof FTS. (that's 'For The Suck', not Fleetwood Touring Sedan).

sorry to rant so much on the crappy noisy factory sunroof. Not.

Good to know about the sunroof. But when I think about it, I don't know if I have ever seen a 94-96 Fleetwood without the vinyl roof and with cloth seats much less the other two options. Pics if anyone has please.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
.......But when I think about it, I don't know if I have ever seen a 94-96 Fleetwood without the vinyl roof and with cloth seats much less the other two options. Pics if anyone has please.
I'm gonna guess the Brougham package was very popular by combining all the popular options of that era - leather, vinyl roof, wheel upgrades, plus whatever other little do-dads were added over a stripper Fleetwood. If it was only a ~$2,500 option on a $35,000 new car then that might be why so many.

I have to admit for me leather is preferred over cloth on old cars just from a cleanliness and hygiene standpoint. But I'm interested in seeing cloth interiors sometimes.

Along the lines of "you always want the opposite of what you have" here is how my last FWB ended up after vinyl delete: Good luck on your hunt-

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/36-fleetwood/1213785-before-then.html

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I was wondering if it was possible to order or if anyone has seen a 94-96 Fleetwood with this combo of options.

1. V4P tow pack
2. Factory sunroof
3. Vinyl top delete
4. Cloth seats.

That would be my ideal one but I doubt it was ever made. At least I have never seen one anywhere.

Thank you, Uvaldi.
1. Did not think that V4P is a 'common option'.
Someone has the actual numerical statistic (compnine statistics), but I suspect that V4Ps are outnumbered by WX3s, which are outnumbered by 9C1s, which are outnumbered by V92s, which are outnumbered by 2.56.

And even if the above guess is wrong, GU6-3.42 cars are outnumbered by GU4-3.08 cars, which are outnumbered by GU3-2.93 cars, which are outnumbered by GM8-2.56 cars.

As for factory sunroofs and yarmuhlke deletes, compnine can answer those too.

Cloth seats in a 93-96 Fleetwood? That sounds like the rarest option of them all!

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
1......As for factory sunroofs and yarmuhlke deletes, compnine can answer those too.
Never knew the name for that little cap. But have to admit a not entirely inaccurate description for the vinyl though.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Cloth seats are not extremely rare. I have seen numerous Fleetwoods with cloth.

Off the top of my head, without doing any digging at all, the vinyl delete w/ sunroof seems like the most unlikely combination. I do not think I have ever seen a factory sunroof on a slicktop Fleet, but that is just my own anecdotal experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts