Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to remove my front door panels to replace both power mirrors and driver side window channel. Once door panel was off, discovered the bottom three metal panel clips were broken off the door panels. My solution was to drill 4 holes per clip down lower in the plastic mounts and secure the metal clips with small zip strips. Was pretty easy to do and the clips are firmly reattached to the door panel, hopefully cuts down on some rattles. Attached are some pics, hope this helps someone with similar problems.[/ATTACH]

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No movement from the clip? Otherwise a good idea.
No they are remarkably solid, initial idea was mechanics wire, but went with small zip strips. Thought they would be less like to tear through drilled holes. Even if they were a little loose doing this method, loose is still better than not attached at all!

Got the drivers door panel reinstalled and it is very solid to the door. Hopefully will be many moons before I have to remove it again.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Nice solution, that's thinking outside the box.

With similar break I just used some epoxy to hold the metal bracket to the panel and that's been working. If the epoxy ever fails, I may go with your solution. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
That's a good idea, I think I broke a few more when I swapped my window motor last summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts