Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"... - what do you want to do? End it? Wait?"

It only occurs when I'm on the forum.
Until that message shows up I get generally get sluggish or complete browser lockup.
And the screen continually jitters a 1/2" up and down.
And as the addresses in the lower left keep cycling, the blinking cursor keeps vanishing as I try to reply to a post, and have to reclick inside the reply field.

Anyone else? I got an Adobe Flash crash notice, so I un- and reinstalled it.

Again, just on this forum.

I also did a Firefox update - just in case.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
That's some pretty broken site behavior. Not getting the same on my end with FF or with Chrome.

When the site is running sluggish, or when any of these errors are occurring, do you notice any message along the bottom of your screen? Something that reads "waiting for..." and then a string of symbols or a link? If yes, you won't be able to select that message, so if you can try and grab a screenshot of what it says that might help figure out the cause. Note, there should be some of those messages showing up every-time you load a page, but you want the one that is lingering on the screen during a slow down.

Otherwise, do you run any add-ons or plugins with your browser? Such as a ad-blocker or a plugin blocker? Want to get our set ups as similar as possible for testing purposes.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's some pretty broken site behavior. Not getting the same on my end with FF or with Chrome.

When the site is running sluggish, or when any of these errors are occurring, do you notice any message along the bottom of your screen? Something that reads "waiting for..." and then a string of symbols or a link?
Yes, exactly. That's what I've referred to as the constantly cycling addresses. A pattern of 6-10 repeat so quickly that catching any one by screen shot would be purely random. "Transferring", "Waiting For"... They honestly look like the kind of names that would be normal tracker cookies. But, I've got settings wound up sorta tight.

If yes, you won't be able to select that message, so if you can try and grab a screenshot of what it says that might help figure out the cause. Note, there should be some of those messages showing up every-time you load a page, but you want the one that is lingering on the screen during a slow down.
One that sometimes lasts a 1/2 second longer than others is RubiconProject.

Otherwise, do you run any add-ons or plugins with your browser? Such as a ad-blocker or a plugin blocker? Want to get our set ups as similar as possible for testing purposes.

Kevin
1 Extension, = uBlock Origin. 2 Plug-ins, = Cisco OpenH264 Video Codec, and Shockwave

Also,
This, taken today from the Java site:
"Firefox limits NPAPI support (technology required for Java applets)
64-bit Firefox
The 64-bit version of Firefox does not support NPAPI plug-ins, including Java.

Firefox 52 and above
Beginning with Firefox 52 (released March 2017), plug-in support is limited to Adobe Flash, and drops support for NPAPI, impacting plugins for Java, Silverlight, and other similar NPAPI based plugins.
If you have problems accessing Java applications using Firefox, Oracle recommends using Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Mac OS X) instead. "

Not nearly as jittery today overall, but still get combination disappearing cursor with typing lag/drop-off.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
That fast moving messages are the ones doing their job right.

I'm not sure if those messages from Firefox will apply to us or not, but I can dig deeper.

Before I do so though, next time you notice a slowdown try disabling those extras and see if it jump starts things.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts