Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,
I have taken several days & hours culling down the pertinent information that was listed in the YouTube video titled: LT1 Optispark (ABITS) Distributor Operation and Diagnostics.

The final product came to be a 28 page double sided document with close up detail shots, and detailed text on testing each sensor, and it appropriate reading.

It is available for ALL to have as it is on a public site callled 'Dropbox'

The site URL is: Dropbox

The Logon and password are as follows:

Logon: [email protected]
PW: dropboxshare

The Word document & 158Mb MP4 original file are located in the \ImpalaSSforum\ directory.

I thought it would be great to have a hard copy in a 3-ring binder in the trunk of the Impala/Caprice, just in case she does break down while away from the house. A DVOM, spark tester, and test light are all helpful tools as well.

Let me know what you think, and we can vote to have this sticked if deemed necessary.
========================================================================

(I PM'd BK for him to move it to the Engine Problem & Maintenance section, and also STICKY it)

Plus we ALL can use the Dropbox site for sharing files as well!

REVISION C PUBLISHED TODAY, 4/30/2011

1. The last image on Sheet 4 showing an E4 External Torx Socket is required to remove the distributor cap, and the tool and 1 screw shown for reference.

2. The last image on Sheet 5 showing the rotor and noting that it is held down by (2) (T9) screws and Loc-Tite should be applied upon reinstallation.

3. Top of page 7/32 I added the text stating that the Optical sensor is held down by (2) E6 External Torx screws.
==========================
I also did the following to the Dropbox site:
1. Changed DIR structure a little and removed the *.DOC master copy that I will keep myself for editing. If anyone has a problem with the .PDF format, contact me privately and we can make arrangements for a format that suits you best.
2. Updated the document slightly to show what Torx tools are required. The details are as follows, for the REV-C Document:2.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PW Updated, Sorry.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
noice !

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thanks for taking to time to do this, good to have a handy glove box guide!

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Corrected some grammar, and a few Typo-s. Besides that no new information, just something to make my English Prof proud.

RevB 03/23/2011

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow!

VERY Cool!

Thank you SO much.

-Kyle

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Thanks Mr. -watson. Only the .doc for me, - limited "unlimited" bandwidth doncha kno. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know why I didn't think of it at the time, but I just finished uploading the document in .PDF format, which takes the file size down to 1Mb.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just logged in and got the following message:

Please change your password
We expired your password as a security precaution. See our Help Center for more information about password expiration and securing your account.
Enter your email address to reset your password. You may need to check your spam folder or unblock [email protected].
I didn't click anything beyond that, but presumably juniorwatson will need to log in, send himself a password reset email, and then complete the reset process.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Worked For Me

I used angelo's link and picked it up easy. Thanks Steve (junior-)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts