Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about lowering my Impala, but I woul dlike a few oppinions about lowering this particular car.

First, does the Impala look better lowered than it does at stock height; mine is a 96 or 95

Second, will lowering change the way the car rides? Will it ride more stiff, or is that more due to the shock absorbers.

If lowered looks better than stock, is it because the wheels tuck a liitle under the fenders? What makes it look better?

Tanja
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with what you think looks better.My opinion and others on this board will differ so much.I like for the tire to be tucked about 2 inches below the fender lip.The ride ,depending on how you lower it,will be slightly stiffer and feel more "part of the road".You will be able to feel the road because the shorter springs will not soak up as much of the shock.The shocks will still eat up most of this but it will definatly feel different.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by sshole:
Go with what you think looks better.My opinion and others on this board will differ so much.I like for the tire to be tucked about 2 inches below the fender lip.The ride ,depending on how you lower it,will be slightly stiffer and feel more "part of the road".You will be able to feel the road because the shorter springs will not soak up as much of the shock.The shocks will still eat up most of this but it will definatly feel different.
I just want to see what "most" of you think about lowering the Impala. I just want to know if it looks better that way. I dont really know.

Tanja
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion,this is sharp95ss's ride and is one of my favorite impalas ive seen.His is lowered as you can see and has 22 inch wheels.My favorite combo.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But even lowering with the stock wheels looks pretty mean.This is mine and it sadly is not lowered.It also has 22's so you compare.I like it lowered a little better.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by sshole:
In my opinion,this is sharp95ss's ride and is one of my favorite impalas ive seen.His is lowered as you can see and has 22 inch wheels.My favorite combo.
Yeah that looks kewl :cool:

But is it the tuck that makes it look good? Like if you lower it, but then have short wheels/tires..like P275's, do you loose that cool look? Is it better to try and have some tuck?

Tanja
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I trhink if you have stockers 255-50-17 then drop it to the top of the tire.Your 275,s im assuming are on the factory impala rims?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pretty sure I have the stock tires. I use the stock wheel also. Do you know what kind of Springs are on that black car. That looks really nice!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I belive there sprint springs but i also belive he cut them to lower it even more.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw the black car im reffering to is the one with 22's.The other(stock one) i think has intrax.
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's iradante's ride lowered on Intrax springs.

It all depends on what your definition of cool is, Sistah. If tucked looks cool to you, that's all that counts. My opinion is that low is cool, but scraping frame is not. It's the age-old question on this forum- How low is low enough? If it's your daily driver, then be cool AND practical. Some springs to do a search on, and trust me, you'll be doing a lot of reading- Intrax, Sprint, ST, Hotchkis, Eibach, Vogtland.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by sshole:
Btw the black car im reffering to is the one with 22's.The other(stock one) i think has intrax.
Yea.. I was talking about the black Impala with the Impala mag wheels.

The reason why I am asking for oppinions on this is because I saw an Impala the other day and it looked a little tall... it looked kinda doofy sitting up high the way it was. It had stock wheels and it just looked like it was wearing "high waters".

I have seen other Impalas that looked lower, but honestly, they were sagging in the rear. I dont ever think I've seen one that looked "just right"... not even mine. But the ones the SSHOLE posted look really cool to me.

Enigma... what is the drop on the Intrax springs, and how do they compare to Hotchkis?

Sistah
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Intrax- 2" all around. Hotchkis- 1.3" front, 1" back.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is Sistah Gurl really Creep in disguise??? sure sounds like him.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by sonuvah:
Is Sistah Gurl really Creep in disguise??? sure sounds like him.
I'll be anybody you want me to be baby


Tanja
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, the more u can tuck, the cooler you are. lol :D


(old pic btw but u get the idea)

do the right thing ;)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top