Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks for looking. I have a 1991 Caprice wagon.

To start off my ABS light has been on since last winter. It wont come on till after the car starts rolling. I think its a wheel sensor. And then today it wentr off while I was driving (that has never happened before). I dont want to throw parts at it. I dont have access to a an ABS scanner.

My Airbag light just came on yesterday And then it went away after 10 minutes or so.

The reason why I am posting these together is that my battery is over 9 years old. Could there be a correlation? In my Saab if the battery gets weak then all hell breaks loose till its replaced. Could my wagon have the same reaction?

My Haynes manual has nothing about how to diagnose ABS and I havent bothered to look for the airbag light. Anyone have a service manual that includes how to diagnose these systems? Maybe a link to something online. I have done a forum search and nothing has come up.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Did you check fuse #12?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.