Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i have a 1996 caprice wagon, and when i drive to my underground garage, or just going up hills, the abs light comes on, it stays on, but will go out if i shut engine off and restart
any ideas?
thanks
dan

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Strange! So when you go up or down any hill the ABS light just comes on? Any tires locking up or spinning? All tires the same size, any gear change, does it happen at the same place every time ect..? When I put 373 gears in my SS the reluctor was out of stock at the time. I noticed that after driving the car a few miles the ABS light would come on just about the same spot every time. I was thinking that it would only take a block or so to come on, but it took a few miles. Add as much info as you can.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello
yes, going to my underground, or even a driveway will turn the light on, fluid level looks good, i need help!
dan

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
The best thing I can tell you is to look at both front ABS sensor in the spindle. Make sure they are clean and the wires are in good condition. Other than that you will need to have it scanned for ABS codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts