Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CCs ABS light, lights up. What should I look for when I have the brakes apart, that would cause such a problem?

The brakes on my car are real grabby when aplied. What could cause that?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently fixed a problem with my ABS. It was NOT a problem with the actual brakes. the two power pins on the ABS connector had corroded, so the brake pressure modulator valve was not getting power. I fixed the two female ends (on the wire harness) and swapped out the BPMV assembly with another Caprice (the ABS didn't work on that car anyhow). FYI, if I had bought the parts needed to fix my problem at the dealership, parts alone would have cost $2500 list of $1600-1900 at my price.

I have pics, but I can't post them from the library computer that I'm on.

Also, I might be making a trip to long island this weekend. Look for a blue 9C1 with steel rims (actually, it lock like a NYSP cruiser w/o the yellow stripe).

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What part of LI? If you are in Suffolk county, I live in Smithtown, if you pass through it.

Where did these connectors corrode? On the wheel sensor itself? Tomorrow I hope to take everything apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.