Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a front end rebuild and need to disconnect the ABS wire(IIRC) that runs to the center of the hub there.
Removed the little 7mm or 8mm bolt there, but the little plastic sensor seems pretty stuck to the rusty crusty hub/steering knuckle.

Any tips or tricks? Little clips or anything like that I need to pop? Or do I just kinda try and pry it loose?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
take a pair of pliers and twist the abs sensor before pulling it free, not sure if it has flats where a wrench could fit.
don't put pressure on the wire harness.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmm definitely no way I'm getting mine out of the steering knuckle. Pulled the rotor so I could see the other side, definitely crusty beyond belief. Tried to tap it out from the rotor side with a mallet and a socket. Bad idea. Cracked the plastic housing a little in one spot. Hopefully it should still work just fine.

Definitely easier just popping the yellow connector and undoing the clips holding the wire to the frame. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Quick study. You pretty much learned the drill on the first one. ;) The magnet attracts shavings that quickly rust and apparently "grow" the sensor into the hole. Those sensors and wires are sensitive and I've never had luck after touching one. I hope your luck is better - those things can't be getting any cheaper at the dealer.

Unplugging at the connector FTW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.