Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have bought my 94 Roadmaster sedan, I have noticed that the ac compressor clutch always rotates when the AC is on. I know it has been pretty hot this year in Va, but I thought that it would cycle off at least sometimes. It cools fine, but just continues to rotate. Is this bad? Should it cycle on and off sometimes? If so, what do I need to do to fix this?

I have flushed the cooling system, changed the thermostat and coolant temp sensor.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
If it is hot enough, it will continue to run. You will probably have to wait until the weather cools off before you can determine any malfunction.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I thought my R-134a conversion on my 92 had an issue because it ran constant.. Nope.. It will cycle when driving at a higher RPM and cycle alot when its cool outside. (Which never happens here)

If the outlet temp is cool and the Low pressure AC lines are not freezing over solid, It should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
With auto climate control option it might run all the time. Sounds like it is working normal in my professional opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts