Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

AC Switch or Fan Motor

547 views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  x50ss 
G
#1 ·
Hack, thanks for your input to what you thought my AC switch problem. I am going to post this to find out what everyone things the problem is. That way I don't have to fix both the switch and the motor.

For anyone who has knowledge of this problem. During the IF2K my AC would not change speeds when I would select another setting with the switch. The blower motor would run only at one speed. Also when I would switch from AC to Heat or Vent the blower would only blow out one location. What would be causing this problem?

------------------

Allen Turner
Proud Member "HOTSS"
95 BBB Caprice SS (x9C1) w/ racing stripes mom.
Plates:X50SS
My Caprice SS Page
aturner@cox-internet.com

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Yeah i have just noticed this today. When i put the nob to HEAT OR Defrost it only blows out of the front windshield vent. Isn't it suppose to blow out of the bottom near the floor more on HEAT and not out of top vent. I just got the car and this is the first time i had to use the heat for actually heat. Thanks

------------------
94 9C1 Caprice (ex-va trooper), Grey/Blue, No anntena holes or spot light ever!, Passangerside 9C1 wiper, Fuel bib, Cargo net, LTZ hood omblem, TSI center console.

G
#3 ·
If it is blowing on high only. The reason your ac is blowing one speed is most likely your resistor pack is gone out. It is located on the passenger side under the dash. It is a cover that you have to pull down in order to see it, Then you have to take out the three screws. That will solve your speed problem.

G
#4 ·
Southern Comfort is exactly right. I had the same problem and it was definitley the resistor pak. Some moisture gets in there and the little springs which provide various degree's of resistance to control the speed of the blower motor will rust and break away from their electrical connectors which are rivoted on there.

Drop the plastic cover under your glove box and look for the Blower motor. Near it you will see a wire harness that you can unclip and pull down/disconnect. Thats the resistor pak that you just unplugged the wires from. It's up there with 3 screws.

-brian.

[This message has been edited by 2TonVetteSS (edited September 26, 2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.