Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around with no luck but I am debating on running dual alternators or an alternator and belt driven compressor. With the large amount of stereo stuff going in the car and 12 volt compressors running bags, it will kill a single alternator. So I am wanting to either add another alt or better yet add a belt driven compressor. I have converted multiple AC compressors over for pumps but I like my AC in the wagon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seriously doubt you need to try and run a custom setup like this. With your mentioned needs what you should do is get a calculator and add up the total amount of amps your system (every piece of equipment that draws power) will draw with everything running. Then once you know this figure go to Powermaster or another well known alternator brands website and find an alternator that will fit the bill. Your going to be shelling out about 500.00 (give or take) but this is far cheaper than the setup your talking about. Additionally I would add a second battery for safe measure.

Now if your going for more Wow factor with this setup by all means have at it.

HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am planning on running all Memphis equipment including a 16-MCD4KW on 4 Mojo 15"s or possibly 4 1000D's on 4 Mojo's and also 2 MCA300's on 32 PR 6x9's so I will net about 5200 watts so that is equivelant to 520 amps of input and then tack on at least two large 100% duty compressors so I am looking at a serious draw.

Memphis Car Audio

Gotta love working at a car stereo store and demo deals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been searching for two days to see if I could find someone that has used the Vette brackets in an Impala Caprice etc... but have yet too. Anyone have any ideas? Also are the blocks for the non Vette LT1 and L99 drilled and tapped for this style bracket on the drivers side and also any idler locations. I assume I will have to do a straight forward facing CAI if I did this but I am not opposed to it. Any ideas or links to where someone has done something similar to this would be awesome. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.