Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be purchasing a set of wires for my stock 96 impala. i want to go with acdelcos and ive noticed 2 differnt part numbers with different prices they are both acdelcos. first is pn 9748b and i can find them between the price range of 65-95 bucks second is pn 748b and they are 130-160. what is the difference? has anyone used the 9748b and do they work fine?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I don't know, I did just a quick look for '1996 ac delco spark plug wires' and got several hits with various part numbers. Just make sure where you buy from is reputable, and doesn't list the wires as being good for a 1994-5 Impala SS as well (different coil wire), and that they don't claim to be good for a f-body or vette (different length wires then b-body).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for example summit has the 9748 wires for like 130 and advanced auto has the 748 for 88 bucks. both good companies i just didnt knwo if there was a difference b4 i buy them

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
for example summit has the 9748 wires for like 130 and advanced auto has the 748 for 88 bucks. both good companies i just didnt knwo if there was a difference b4 i buy them
I'm not sure about 9748 but I do know 748 is a good Delco number for our cars and probably the stock replacement. Summit is famous for confusing matters on the LT1. They are very much geared to the "F" body crowd (Camaro, Firebird). To them them LT1 means it fits all bodies which is not always the case. Whatever you get, be sure at the opti end there are 4 wires with right angle connectors and 4 straight. Many sets will have 8 straight. No way will that install at the opti end.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I believe the more expensive set includes the metal heat shields, however, you can just reuse your old ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts