Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well peoples I bought another wagon. TO be specific I bought another Olds Custom Cruiser. It is a fully loaded 1987 model. It has some body issues. Looks like it was repainted. And that it was hit in the rear mostly on the passenger side with a small creese in the quarter panel and the bumper being pushed in. It will need a new starter and I think I have one. I have yet to go over it thouroughly but it runs so smoothly. It has good acceleration and rides smooth. And all for $600. I hope to have pics tomorrow depending on if it rains.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW this thing has everything. When I say fully loaded I mean fully loaded. Tow package(huge hitch that ties to the frame around the tank), auto ride leveling. PDL, PWM, PW, power split bench, full gauges, cruise(didn't tru it yet) A/C(blows ice cold) cornering lamps, Tilt column, Here are some pics.

· Registered
120 Posts
Looks nice! I like the look of the woodgrain on those old ones. Both the wood color and the fact that it goes all the way to the bottom.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on your new box, anything special in stored for this one or is staying semi stock?
It will stay stock. It runs to good for me to screw with it. I can use it as a daily driver to use to get to the doc, trips to the junkyard,and long trips. But It does have a tow package to so If I get to the point where I can do road coarse track events I can use it to tow my other Custom Cruiser. How cool would that be one Custom Cruiser towing another. My room mate says I should do it up just like my other one so they look identical. Only difference is this one would have the red wheels. I could put the red wheels on the trailer as well.

· Registered
615 Posts
It will stay stock. It runs to good for me to screw with it. I can use it as a daily driver to use to get to the doc, trips to the junkyard,and long trips. But It does have a tow package to so If I get to the point where I can do road coarse track events I can use it to tow my other Custom Cruiser. How cool would that be one Custom Cruiser towing another. My room mate says I should do it up just like my other one so they look identical. Only difference is this one would have the red wheels. I could put the red wheels on the trailer as well.
Stock sounds good,with some wheels should look sharp.I also picked up a wagon,my 3rd one its a 95 WWW(white woody wagon) needs a motor a project for spring of 2010

· Registered
1,316 Posts
I like the roll down rear window of the older wagons. Wish GM kept that in the later wagons

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
find me a hood dang it!
I know where there is one aluminum one like mine but it isn't great and the aluminum hinges are bent. Also know where there are lots of whales. Let me know if and when you might want to make a junkyard run. This car has a roof rack so strapping a hood down is easy.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here are some more pics. Some of you wanted more pics of the dash and controls. There is also something I found that I don't know what it is. It is on the headliner back by the rear light. It faces forward and looks to have 2 little lights in it. What could this be?

One other cool thing is the passenger side of the front seat reclines. BTW I got to look at the tow hitch better and It not only fastens to the frame around the tank but also to the crossmember behind the bumper. It is a serious tow hitch.

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Check those lights when you have your turn signals on. Perhaps they let you know when a bulb is burned out...kind of like those things they used to put on the fenders to show the blinkers are blinking.

Sean

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No that is a separate option. It is what they call the Rally pack gauges.

· Premium Member
584 Posts
So, was I right about the red lights corresponding to the tail lights/turn signals? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Sean

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, was I right about the red lights corresponding to the tail lights/turn signals? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Sean

They are supposed to be fiber optic to the blinkers so you can see when they work. But mine don't so It is something I will have to look into

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.