Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who am is suppose to get raid of the clacking under my hood? i have try to adjust them many time by feel the push rod the make an additional 1/4 turn. am i missing something here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

i have one more question. what`s the maximum amount of timing should i be seeing on my scan tool? i have a PCM from "PCMFORLESS.COM"

right now i am seeing 37 degree with a O2 reading of .930-.940mv. i want to mess around with the MAFT+ by adding timing, cause i am not seeing any knock (KR). I just picked up the LT4 knock module today and i will be installing it later. any thing i should look out for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't go any higher than where you are... There is a line that when you cross it you can actually start losing HP, so I'd probably leave the timing where it is.... Most people seem to run around 35 degrees... I do believe I'm running 38 at WOT.... You are running a tad rich on the O2's, but are ok.... I think 880-900 seems to be the power point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did the CM 1.6RR/spring combo last weekend. I tightened down my rocker 5/8 of a revolution after the pushrod became snug. Why 5/8? After I read all the testamonials on these RR/springs, I figured 5/8 falls into a safe zone. The car runs great and does have some noise but it's not pronounced in any particular area. At idle it there is very little difference than the stock rockers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The plunger in the lifter likes to be in the range of .02-.06" of preload.
If the stud is 20 threads per inch, then .4 of a turn would be .02" preload, and 1.2 turns would be .06" of preload. Anything between there would be alright.

You will probably get many answers on this. I would go by your gut feeling.

I "THINK" that mine are at 1 turn right now. I say think because I have tried many different ones and that is what I think I ended with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by JZ9C1LT1:
I just did the CM 1.6RR/spring combo last weekend. I tightened down my rocker 5/8 of a revolution after the pushrod became snug. Why 5/8? After I read all the testamonials on these RR/springs, I figured 5/8 falls into a safe zone. The car runs great and does have some noise but it's not pronounced in any particular area. At idle it there is very little difference than the stock rockers.
That's the same thing my teacher does on regular hydraulic lifters ;)

For my Comp 875 lifters, it's looking like 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn if that much.

I'm on the edge between going with shaft rockers and 7/16" stud rockers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.