Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I really don't want to but wifey says I cannot get a new toy until I sell at least 2 of my cars. cwm3

So here are the options I'm thinking of. Keep in mind I don't have the time or location to part the car out.

Here's the current stats:
Stock engine (207,000miles) is burning and leaking oil, but starts and runs every time. A/C & heater work fine. Newish carpet, nice but older sound system (Sony with 10-disc changer), rebuilt tranny about 25,000 miles ago, no problems with it. New shocks on front, Impala shocks on rear. Brakes good all around.

Variables: Installed front Bonniville seats. Not installed: back Bonniville seat, '95 Impala center console, complete front-end rebuild kit, new carpet for entire back of wagon, doors and center console, new headliner material.

Option 1. Sell as is, keeping rebuild kit and center console for resale. Give rest of stuff with car.

Option 2. Have friends help install new front end kit, pay upholsterer ~$400 to have rear Bonny seats installed and headliner installed. Sell car keeping center console for resale.

Option 3. Option 2 plus install the center console and sell it.

Option 4. (complex, but thinking about it seriously)
a) Sell my pretty-nice Impala seats getting buyer's original front seats as part of the deal.
b) Pull Bonnies out of wagon, recover in new skins and put them in the Impala.
c) Put the buyers old front seats in wagon.
d) Sell Impala center console.
e) Sell front end kit.
f) Sell wagon, with all the leftover stuff.

The wagon runs fine right now, and I'd drive it across the country without any fears if I had to. It would be a waste to part out, but requires some TLC to get back into nice shape. There isn't any 'bad' rust holes or anything, just some surface rust.

How do you think I can get the most for it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wouldn't just be easier to get rid of the wife instead?

I say dump it on eBay but make sure you start it out at a ridiculous starting price so you can relist it about 15 times, just kidding!

I'm so sick of seeing the same damn cars on eBay that don't sell because the owner is too stupid to make it a real auction, they all want to retail them!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
i would not put any more money into the car. you will never see any of it in return. sell the car as is and offer parts for extra money or sell. trade out any parts you can easily that may be easy to sell seperately. it won't be worth one dime more with a rebuilt front end as it is the way it is. people pick older used cars to death and don't wanna pay for any new parts installed. even new tires won't yield much of anything over mostly bald, half flat rubber. just tryin to be realistic

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
You have a relatively rare OCC. OCCs with the tan/gold cladding are few and far between. I would sell the Mustang, and the van, then drop a good used 350 with computer in the Olds. You will probably get as much or more from the other car and van. You will probably get $1000-$1500 for the OCC as is (with the smoking/leaking engine).

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
i would love a white/tan OCC to put all my parts in. this is still one of the most tastefull wagons on here IMO

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a relatively rare OCC. OCCs with the tan/gold cladding are few and far between. I would sell the Mustang, and the van, then drop a good used 350 with computer in the Olds. You will probably get as much or more from the other car and van. You will probably get $1000-$1500 for the OCC as is (with the smoking/leaking engine).
The Mustang will be for sale next. It is a 'rare' Limited Edition version that I hope to get about $5000 for. The Van is nice for long cruises. Kids have TV to watch. I like the wagon too, but I got my Impala for my B-body fix. :)

Thanks,

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would love a white/tan OCC to put all my parts in. this is still one of the most tastefull wagons on here IMO

If mine looked like that I'd keep it for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.