Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

One of our SSin City SS club members got in an accident and needs to replace his hood, left front fender, ft bumper, and core support. He has all the parts and we are looking to replace them soon. I'm looking for any advice/tips for this. We have never pulled all these parts before, so just wondering if there is something we should know to make the process easier.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
it's pretty straight forwards. Only advice I could really give is to pay attention to the body shims for the fender, watch where they go, how many go where ect...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Take the fender off before trying to pull the core support. You may even have to loosen the other fender to get it in. They interlock a little at the corners. Lots of bolts in strange places for the fenders. If you can get an FSM it will help.

You do not have to take the door off to get the fender off.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Where would be the best place to get a fsm?
And how much?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
There are usually some on Ebay. They are all the same for caprice body parts, and the 91-93 cars are all basically the same.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's pretty straight forwards. Only advice I could really give is to pay attention to the body shims for the fender, watch where they go, how many go where ect...
Take the fender off before trying to pull the core support. You may even have to loosen the other fender to get it in. They interlock a little at the corners. Lots of bolts in strange places for the fenders. If you can get an FSM it will help.

You do not have to take the door off to get the fender off.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts