Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing my front rotors for the first time on my 9c1 Caprice and was wondering which route would be the best way to go....I am rocking the stock 15's so I don't need anything to crazy for aftermarket rims plus I don't have money to blow like that, but I would like a better performing set for not a whole lot of money. I was interested in some drilled/slotted rotors and was wondering which set would be best at a low cost?

there was the ebay ones and the ones off summit:
Summit Racing SUM-DSEP-5577R - Summit Racing® Extreme Performance Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors

that run for about 90 each....Are drilled/slotted a must?

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I hate Drilled and slotted rotors for stock applications. Its Unnecessary. For $82 each you can get Raybestos advanced technology Chinese rotors (that are painted black already) and they will work just as good

I Bought mine from street side auto. Free shipping. Cheaper than any local stores price. Look for a coupon code online. I got two of those rotors for $110 Dollars shipped last year. I was pissed they are chinese but, Everything is.. Next time ill go junkyarding for good Used once American rotors.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products2.asp?brand=BDBM&partnumber=56128

Different pad compounds will be more effective in stopping the car faster with stock sized brakes.. Not Drilled and Slotted stock rotors.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow....I didn't realize rotors still coming from the U.S.A. was such a problem these days.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Wow....I didn't realize rotors still coming from the U.S.A. was such a problem these days.
No one does. Their were events taking place in the USA back in 2007. . Brake companies had their fears of the Asian auto parts markets and voiced it to congress. BLahh blahh. You know the deal. Open Trade with the Chinese producing substitute parts would completely destroy the North American brake foundries... Resulting in a unfair market that American companies could not complete in because North American just could not supply rotors at the prices that china could.. Hmmm! Nothing we didn't know already. Short ending, Of course no one cared.. Nothing was done. Everything (Stock replacement) is Chinese now but the prices continue to rise on all brake parts.

Brake pads are becoming all china too..

Drum brakes? 90% of the hardware, wheel cylinders + shoes are Chinese.. Drums? OF course, They have been 100% all china for years now... Even most rubber brake hoses.. CHINA. The Chinese stop your car! I HATE putting Chinese parts on ONCE high 90% USA parts content cars... Dont get me wrong Some parts work good.. From my research their are TWO major brake rotor companies in china that supply all the brands.. But some of the parts are pure garbage from other Chinese manufactures. Ive seen first hand and also red about Chinese pads/ shoes falling off the backing plates + Chinese rotors warping or rusting to nothing in no time due to cheap iron.

Oh yea.. Wix Filters? From my finds MOST likely all new production is CHINA. 100% sure their transmission filters are all Chinese now. I had one.. I returned it in disgust. I bought an ACD one, Probably NOS. Still was North American.

Raise the prices in America, More people loose their jobs, Make it in China, The corporations get richer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts