Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the original air box the a hose that trail from the top lid of the air box to the engine..I did the "DIY" intake now I wanna add the filter..can I remove this hose and not have to worry about it..creating problems

Attachments

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
the stock 'hose" leads to the air pump. Many just put on a small filter directly on the air pump nipple similar to a small breather filter used on older SBC valve covers where PCV used to be.

If you have removed the air pump, than just leave it off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would unplug the air pump if it dont work and cap off the hose
I could do that..and cap it with what? I seen a guy use a cone spectre air filter but I don't know what size

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
One can use a rubber ¾" heater hose cap to plug the port.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my nipple thanx to 1slow96 on the size ..and was able to add my filter

Attachments

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
Triple C..

you can disable air pump and cap off the exhaust manifold fittings where the check valves attach with the correct threaded plugs. Your smog laws may be a problem if you "remove" the air pump. Other than its visual presance, the air pump has not ill effect on performance

On the cone filter you added....it now gets all its air from the engine compartment where the stock one got cooler air fed to it from the front of the car. The K&N, RAIS types have shielding around the filter to minimize exsposure to engine compartment heat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Triple C..

you can disable air pump and cap off the exhaust manifold fittings where the check valves attach with the correct threaded plugs. Your smog laws may be a problem if you "remove" the air pump. Other than its visual presance, the air pump has not ill effect on performance

On the cone filter you added....it now gets all its air from the engine compartment where the stock one got cooler air fed to it from the front of the car. The K&N, RAIS types have shielding around the filter to minimize exsposure to engine compartment heat.
I saw a link of the video that walks you threw removing the air pump and fitting...I gotta wait to it get a little warm where I am to do it outside.. appreciate the advise.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kinds like the idea of this..damn "Ferds"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.