Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question can i use a after market electric fan to replace the engine driven fan on a 95 and wire up the ground wire for the relay that would go to a thermo switch to the grounding wire in the pcm harness for the fan as if it had electric fans from factory and let the ecm turn it on and off? i have a electic fan that works great on my supercharged hotrod and it has never overheated. thanks

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The best bet is to find a stock dual electric setup and harness, or buy the Innovative wiring harness for dual fans. Makes the conversion clean and simple.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a fan i just want to know if i use the ground wire from the relay that would got to a temp sensor to the ground slot postion 11 in the pcm harness will work .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that but when you hook up a electric fan on a let say a carbed vehical you use a temp switch in the head or in the intake to ground the relay to turn the fan on and off what i want to know is can i use the ground wire you would use on a non efi vehical on the pcm # 11 slot on the 95 caprice to ground the relay to let the pcm turn it off and on at its programed temps? I'm trying to use a after market fan that i already have that i have mocked up to see if it fit and it does with the electric fan on the drivers side there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts