Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

I would like to hear from the people that have replaced the factory air shocks with Monroe or otheres can any one give me feed back as far as them working with the stock air leveling set up or otherwise. I know I saw a thread about it somewhere but I am going to airide my car but right now the tail is draggin' on dad-e's wagin, thanks and I hope you all got something good for xmas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used Gabriels in the rear of mine without any problems. If you go this way make sure and ask for the adapter kit else plan to make another trip to the store like I did. (Oh, did you need that part also-dah) :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Goldie,

Okay i will check them out tomorrow, any Idea on price and do you remember a part number or did you just tell them what car it was for???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its been two years! Their little computer screens should show it so they should be able to handle looking it up. I went by application as I remember it. $49.95 and a two year warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put a set of Monroe's on my car and they work great with the factory pump. I bought the "kit" thinking it would allow me to install them without cutting any of the lines. Wrong. Maybe they gave me the wrong kit, I don't know, but I just cut the ends off the factory lines, put the plastic end piece and the O ring supplied with the shocks on the end of factory line and hooked them up. Could've saved $5 and not bought the "kit".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The kit I bought had an extra spring in it to install in the pump to keep a little pressure in the shocks to keep them from running flat and messing up the bladders. :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoldSSWagon:
The kit I bought had an extra spring in it to install in the pump to keep a little pressure in the shocks to keep them from running flat and messing up the bladders. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is over and above the factory check valve in the drier?
It is set to 8-14 for the reason you state.
Regards, Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys, I went to the Monroe site and didn't see the air shocks, can you give me a part number or model number??? This will be the best setup right now for me cause lately I have been carrying a few things.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GERRY,
I want to know your advise cause "you da man". My rear shocks are leaking and starting to affect my ride. Which rear replacement shock should I go with utilizing my factory load leveler system and do I need this "installation kit" also? BTW my wagon is looking a bootload like yours, but mine is DGGM over gray. Thanks for motivating me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will get them tomorrow i am blacking out the trim and pulled the pillar inserts and painted them also , but my wagon is basically stock but you just wait.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.