Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
The C5/C6 has a 2.79" axle register compared to the 3.06" of the B-Body. If I was to order a new axle shaft with the smaller Corvette register, the use of an axle register adapter would allow me to safely use stock B-Body drums and rotors, right?

At some point I want to convert to Corvette brakes, using unmodified C5/C6 rotors mounted directly to the axles. I've been toying with the idea of ordering the axle flange drilled with two patterns, the B-Body 5x5" and Corvette 5x4.75". This would allow me to run stock B-Body brake parts till I'm ready to do the conversion.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More or less correct on all counts , I believe.

I am in the middle of ordering some Mark Williams axles and may do the smaller register but for a different reason

because of the thickness of the Baer-DBA rotor I use (.300) the MW register will not fully support my wheel.

By going down to the smaller register, it is very simple to make a longer 3.06 OD cap

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I am in the middle of ordering some Mark Williams axles and may do the smaller register but for a different reason

because of the thickness of the Baer-DBA rotor I use (.300) the MW register will not fully support my wheel.
Did you ever end up ordering those axles?

I'm in the market for stock replacement B-Body wagon axles, but with flange that fits an unmodified C6 rear rotor and a 5x4.75" pattern with 14mm studs.

For possible future use with wheel adapters, I also want register at least as tall as OEM, maybe even as tall at 1.25" like the front Kore3 hubs.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes,
The registers are not tall though.
The blanks they start kind of dictates how long it can be.

I went with 5x4.75 and 5x5 dual patterns with the smaller dia register,
This so my register "adapter" goes on after the rotor.

20190327_192652.jpg
20180924_143325.jpg

One thing, while I believe Mark Williams are the top of the heap, I dont think they do roller bearing on axle C lock axles.
You likely will be talking to Moser or Dutchman

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
One thing, while I believe Mark Williams are the top of the heap, I dont think they do roller bearing on axle C lock axles.
You likely will be talking to Moser or Dutchman
I checked with Moser, and they only have one height for the hub register, which is enough for rotor centering and not much else.

Dutchman lists the option for a "stepped extra tall pilot" ($130 extra), on their built-to-order C-Clip axles. I believe the 1.620" bearing journal C-Clip axles are the right starting point for wagon use.

For my application, I need stock-spec wagon axle shafts but with:

• Flange and Register to work with a C6 rear rotor
  • 5x4.75" bolt pattern drilled for 14mm press-in studs

I don't have a spare wagon axle shaft or C6 rear hub flange to measure. Can you give me some pointers on the measurements Dutchman calls for on their order form?

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If no one chimes in with the info, I can go measuring.
C6 hub dia, I wont have one to measure but that info should be "out there"

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To clarify,
Are we dealing with a wagon housing here?
You are planning c6 rotors?
You are aware of the stand off differences between
C6
Wagon
Standard Chev

Step by step could you state exactly what
Housing
Car
Backing plate
Rotor
Spacer if used
Wheel

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Step by step could you state exactly what
Housing
Car
Backing plate
Rotor
Spacer if used
Wheel
  • 1995 Wagon Housing
  • 1995 Wagon
  • WRDC backing plate and hardware kit
  • 330mm C6 rear rotor, unmodified other than enlarged lug holes for 14mm wheel studs
  • 18"x9.5" wheel with 0 offset, 5x4.75" pattern. Fitment checks good with Kore3 C6 Z51 330mm rear fitment template

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was talking to Bill, he has the numbers you need.
If you are going aftermarket custom, make sure to ask and check the thickness of the axle flanges.
It is very cozy in there between the flange and park brake.
In my case, the MW flanges are so thick I had to change to the sedan stand off dimensions during the refit.
My original setup was C6 rotor depth based, it is now Camaro (ish)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts