Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd, and I mean Wierd.....

I took my car out this past weekend for a show in Oklahoma. It had been about 1 1/2 moths I had not driven it. I took it out was great.. turned my cd player - (pioneer) working fine, took it to the car wash. Everything was normal. I've had this cd player for about 2 years with no prolems. I have not messed with any of the wires or anything since I hardly ever drive it. I was taking off to the car show is about 1 1/2 hours away from dallas,tx and about 2 blocks of starting my trip I could smell electrical burning. My cd player turns on but no speakers play any sound. My attena also does not come up and it usually does everytime I have my cd player on. I ejected the cd that was inside the radio and it smelled burnt... I have not had a chance of taking it out till maybe this weekend. Don't have the money right now to upgrade anyways. Just want to get any ideas as to why it went kaput...!!! I hope none of my wires are meleted or anything like that, I hope is just the radio that fryed. It is wierd....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Be very leary on this. The fuse should have blown before a alot of the magic smoke came out. In any case, I would not drive until you could pull the radio out and verify the wires in the back have not started to melt. Somthing shorted!

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts