Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not know the specifics of this steering box. Other than that it was only used for a very short period of time. Sub 1000 miles from what i remember.

It Is for a B Body.

I dont know what they cost new but 200 plus shipping gets it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I found the page with the specs for this steering gear. 12:1 ratio and would require switching to a "standard" pitman arm whatever that is. I forget what the Impala SS / 9C1 steering box ratio is but 12-12.7:1 comes to mind and for civ Caprices, Roadmasters, Fleetwoods 17:1 sounds right. This gear would probably be lighter than the stock one as its aluminum housing and would provide a marked improvement on the Civ models and a bit of improvement on Impala SS's and 9C1's. http://www.agrperformance.com/products_parts.php?cat=100&product=129&make=Chevrolet&model=10016 - Peter

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Looks like the box has rust, is it aluminum if so what does it weigh ?

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Custom Forced induction Blower/ Turbo Throttle body 58MM Polished

I have a Polished Customized 58MM TB that has been highly modified so that you can clamp a blower duct to the throttle body and not have it blow off.

This piece functioned perfectly and looks beautiful. The only reason i dont use it now is because i dont run a supercharger anymore.

Im asking 370.00 plus shipping for this. For all the labor and custom work into this thats a steal.

Comes with A properly calibrated TPS and working IAC. So its just bolt on and go!

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's nice. If I had the money I'd be all over it. I know I'm going to wish i had it at some point. Bump!

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
If only I weren't buying a house now...

Last time that piece blew off, it took my lower rad hose and a heater hose with it cause they went into the pulleys.

·
Registered
1996 BBB
2,576 Posts
Shane, what brand TB is it? You state that you aren't using a blower anymore, would you want to make a trade with some cash for a Holley 58mm TB ?

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shane, what brand TB is it? You state that you aren't using a blower anymore, would you want to make a trade with some cash for a Holley 58mm TB ?

It started life as an Edelbrock/BBk unit.

Im not really looking for a trade as my nitrous 350 seems to run OK with a 48mm TB. Sell that holley and buy this one :D

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
How about I'll pay shipping and send you a BBK 52mm? Remember I bought close to 6k worth of stuff from you... If I didn't just spend $250K on a house I'd be all over this.

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about I'll pay shipping and send you a BBK 52mm? Remember I bought close to 6k worth of stuff from you... If I didn't just spend $250K on a house I'd be all over this.

TTT,
Steve, id love to trade, however i am trying to pay for my upcoming honeymoon and id just have to sell that as well.

Unit is still for sale.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.