Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JUST a feeler thread. Doing a lot of research, reading and pricing out of my project and I may take things in a different direction if it is cost effective. In order to do this, I would need to know if I could get enough from my old LT stuff...

BRAND NEW in box AI top end, 200cc package on new GM f body cores for F/I application. everything you need, lifters, comp pro magnum rocker arms, AI cam for blower, guideplates, timing chain ect... manifold porting (send your manifold into them, I never sent mine in yet but it was included with package I bought). Cost about $3000 total from AI. Would like to get $2500

Golen 'competition shortblock' bottom end. 396cid, 4 bolt mains, Eagle 4340 forged crank, Eagle H beam rods. At the machine shop, bores need to be re-honed and sans pistons (I actually have the pistons if you want them, forged SRP's but the skirts are a little scuffed up from metal from a valvetrain issue...machinist said I could reuse them with no problem but I was going blower anyway). Motor could use new bearings too. Basically just needs a mild refresh $2500. Machinist already has my money, never gave him the OK or the pistons to balance it so if you'd like I could have it finished with your choice of piston and sell for $3500. Machinst is Lawrence racing engines inc. This guy does pro stock stuff, Jegs Engine Builder Challenge ect... He's good

brand new QUAD1 stainless 1 3/4 headers and cutouts for 3" exhaust- $1000

MSD Optispark- Installed for about a week. $350

Canton fabbed aluminum valve covers- $100

Holley 58mm TB, polished aluminum- $150

I don't know how all this would work out but I need to start somewhere and see if what I want to do could be possible...Sooo would anybody be interested? Do these seem like ok prices? I would have lots more that i'd be selling if I could get what I want for the big stuff....just a feeler though, I wouldn't sell any of the smaller things until the bottom end/top end goes though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'm definitely in for at least the throttle body. How big are the chambers in the heads and what length rods in the shortblock?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt, I cc'd the heads at my job but I was in a rush (had a lot to do there) and got 58cc. But I am going to CC them again because that seems on the high side, I believe AI told me they were shooting for 56cc. I wanted as large of a chamber as I could get for the blower because I really couldn't find many piston choices with greater than a 39cc relief with the 5.85 rods in the motor. To be honest, aside from hogging out the chambers , I don't know if AI actually did anything different to the ports for the blower setup I told them I would run. It would be worth asking if you wish to run all motor with these heads though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yeah keep me posted on the updated CC results. I'm going FI too so the bigger the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts