Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of bagging my car and am trying to find the bag brackets. My buddy with his '64 that he just bagged bought them from a reputable ebay seller, but it took five weeks, and the seller wouldn't reply to emails nor did his contact numbers work. I'd like not to order from him and waste five weeks if somebody else could get them quicker and is more reputable (the ebay seller's id is HYDROFERN).

Also, somebody mentioned running slam specialties es-7s up front. What should I run in the rear? I'd like to stay with slam specialties. Also, it seems like I could go either way if I want to run shocks up front or not with the slams. What are people's experiences with this?

As I mentionted above my buddy just bagged his '64 with contitech 2600s in the back and 2500s in the front (he's going to switch to 2600s though) and the ride is SUPER bouncy. Feels like i'm riding in a car with hydros and we're always hitting switches. It doesn't ride like it's "on air". What could be the cause of this?

Zach

Thanks
Zach

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can get bag cups for the front from suicidedoors.com they are a good company. You can run the slams in the back or conitechs or even firestones. Whats nice about the slams is that they dont swell outward a lot compared to other bags. But in the end the decision is up to you.

I'm going to be running 2600 firestones in the back b/c I have a set off my old car.

Is your friend running lowered shocks or no shocks? My old car rode a little rough in the front but it had bag-struts. But it was caused from the struts being compressed when running a lower air-pressure so it didnt have much travel before it bottomed out on the the internal stops.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. Thanks for the info. A couple other questions. I'm going to run all 1/2", but am trying to decide on what size tank. I was thinking possibly a 12 gallon (it does fit) w/two Viair 460s w/ a 110/145 pressure switch or upgrade to the 480s and run it at 185/145 psi. What do you all think?

I want it to be quick and want to have some air to play with without the compressors running all day long.

Zach

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12 gallon is fine might want to look at a 9 gallon as well. Same size diameter just shorter. If I was you I would get a Air Zenith compressor they are bad pump more air then a viair compressor. A little more money but well worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/2" should be plenty fast enough. I am redoing my car/suspension right now and I think i'm gonna drop down to 3/8" on fill and I like my dumps reduced to 1/4"(which they are now). One thing about running 2 smaller tanks like 5 gallon or so is that gives you more mounting options are far as where to put them. I see alot of people mount them off to the sides of the trunk.
I hear Air Zenith is a real good compressor. I have a couple small Viairs and they have worked flawlessly for a couple years now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They don't make the ES series bag anymore. They have HS inplace of it. I would run shocks in the front if you drive it everyday. You may lose a little turning but it is worth it. The cars ride ok w/ no shocks with a slam bag. Its just a little bouncy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.