Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SSer's

I have a question for the guys running Air ride technoligies coil over bag setup. How does the car feel as opposed to drop coils. I have H&R springs and Hal 12 points right now but I want the car to go lower. plus I'm sick of tearing up the bottom of the car on speed bumps. I love to drive the ever living $#*! out of my car so Handling is a key factor. I have bagged a B-D body befor but I did the whole shock relocator thing. once I put some bigger wheels on her it wasn't bad but it was still pretty much stock suspension. Is the car still inspiring to drive or would it be better to leave the setup I have now? Thanks for your opinions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got Air Ride Tech's Shockwave set up on the front of my wagon. I'm also using their 4-way RidePro system. Ride quality is really nice, better than that of the Intrax springs in my 94 and 95. You can make it pretty stiff by cranking some more air into it though. The downfall with that is that it will raise your center of gravity. I don't know how it would perform in something such as an autocross, but being a wagon my car won't see those sorts of handling requirements.

Heinz (coolchevy / speed_pig) is also using the Shockwaves and a 4-way system on his SS. You might want to try to get a hold of him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats pretty much what I expected. I have bags in my 85 but I don't think it would compare to a solid spring setup. I'm gona see what bigger wheels and smaller rubber does. See if that gets me closer to teraferma. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.