Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone bagging their ride this winter? I suppose if you live somewhere that is sunny and warm in the winters you don't really do "winter" projects. Being from northern Indiana we have about 5 or 6 months of crap weather to do winter projects. Anyways if you are doing the air ride thing let us know cwm4! I wonder how many bagged cars are on this forum? Oh and not hatting on hydraulics as they count too!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mine will be done being bagged for the 2nd time by this winter:D
I say second cause first was with 22s and second was to lay frame and you know the rest. I still have to do the rear shocks and cut more around the front bags due to going from Firestones 2600 to Airlifts 2600, they are bigger, and notch for the tie rod.
As for a setup on the Box its all pretty standard 2600s all the way around 5 gal tank (min), 2 compressors and 8 valves.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I have a bagged 84 s10 blazer does that count? =SunSet= :D -Josh

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Been thinking about it real seriously for this winter. If i sell my riviera, some of that cash will for sure be going towards a bad setup for the impala.

·
Registered
378 Posts
count me in.....i am re-doing mine...

it flooded back in may so i am going re-do it to lay frame on 22's.... it was bagged with white walls on it and now it's time to upgrade

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow there are a bunch of projects showing up. Look forward to seeing a bagged box and Rockstar will be cutting it up to lay 26's before we know it. I think that is all Pimpala could possibly be missing is riding air. Hopefully you guys keep us in the know around here. Not only do I like building stuff I like watching it happen when other folks get it going.
Anyone considering a body drop any time? Wouldn't hurt to see a couple body drops going on cwm4.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My bags setup should be complete really soon...When I get my car back I'll post up a sh*t load of pics.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bags setup should be complete really soon...When I get my car back I'll post up a sh*t load of pics.
I take it that you have a shop or someone else bag it? Whats the cost if that's the case? That is if you don't mind me asking cwm1.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Someone else is bagging it, I don't quite remember the cost, I paid for it last year. ShowSS12 is doing it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm planning on bagging my '95 BBB very soon! I love the way that orange/white Caprice with the 26's looks and I want try to get mine the same exact way. Anybody know the details on that car? I specifically want to know what cups he's running. Other than that I think I've got everything else covered.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Im also going to be helping Jonhnhpc bag his soon, i think he is notching his this week.
I thought about doing 24/26 at one time but i would have had to do the notch and wheel tubs up alot higher. At this point im satisfied with the 22s. I was almost tempted to bodydrop it while i had the rear seat area cut out but id rather attempt it on a donor car so i can know what i have to do and if i fail it was a head to the yard either way.

·
Registered
918 Posts
NOR CAL INC
We got 4 cars getting bagged in the next couple weeks.
Don't ask me why but it must be something in the air...Lol

Got all the parts for one this week to get started bagged on 22's
Masburg

Halloween weekend they are doing another one dropped on 24's
Slimer

I was gonna take pictures and write another how to like the one I did a couple years ago

Got two more to do in the next couple weeks
Toby and Darrel

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOR CAL INC
We got 4 cars getting bagged in the next couple weeks.
Don't ask me why but it must be something in the air...Lol

Got all the parts for one this week to get started bagged on 22's
Masburg

Halloween weekend they are doing another one dropped on 24's
Slimer

I was gonna take pictures and write another how to like the one I did a couple years ago

Got two more to do in the next couple weeks
Toby and Darrel
Wow, 4 of them! Its all good!
Did that write up you did get sticky-fied last time? If not it should. I'm guessing it was lost when the server crashed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Trying to finish up mine, just moved to pittsburgh, soooo first snow season since i was 6 we shall see how things go

·
Registered
339 Posts
is there any place online that sells a full kit of all the stuff you need?

this place i went to said it was about $3,000 for all the parts and $2000 for labor?......that cant be right for a basic set up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
get everything from suicidedoors.com and all you need is to make some cups, thats it

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Or you can get ahold of smith chassis and metalworks, they are on the forum and make some great stuff to bag it...check em out on FB

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Rev, I live in Indy and i'll be bagging mine this winter. I'm not doing anything too extreme, just the air ride tech shockwave set up. Like everything else on my car i'm just learning as I go. I'll post some pics as it comes along.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts