Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My manual tells me to always leave at least 10lbs of pressure in the bags. Any idea why this is important?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the pressure would keep the bags from deflating and possibly pinching in your springs or somewhere like that. Just a theory of course.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should also be while in motion. If you want to just lay the car while parked 0 psi is fine.... just don't drive with it like that.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Define "lay". Like, does the body or chassis touch the ground? No.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i always park mine w/ 0psi. I have slam speciaties and they have internal bumpstops.

But it also lays frame so i dunno why you would need to leave 10psi in yours.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 10 psi may just be a safegaurd for people so they wont ride with too little psi in the bags.Its worse on them than too much!The inner lining isnt made to be fully compressed under load.At least thasts what they tell me on mine.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt worry about how much psi is in them if the car doesnt even lay. but i couldnt tell you from expiriance seeing how mine is juiced and lays????

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kind of bags are they.. most likely you are using 'not-slam specialties'.. if you look at a firestone bag, you can see the metal plate and the rubber goes into the plate and is pinched by a round ring. on the inside of these, there is nothing, so when they are flat and compressed the rubber binds against itself and can rub a hole inside.

once i saw a slam bag cut in half, i always wondered why noone else had done anything similar, it is only common sense.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and in your case, LAY would refer to 'does the top of the bag LAY on the bottom of the bag when you are at your lowest position.'

you could have your bag mounts setup so that there is no way to compress all the way, in which case, dont worry about it.

but if the top will touch the bottom, then beware, or buy some slam specialties from me. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts