Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bags both popped...I believe the coil pinched them. Checked them out and they both have a 1 inch hole in them...You think they could be patched up...I dont tow anything...I just like stopping at the gas station, pulling down the lisence plate and lifting up the back for the raised look.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm gonna say, no. They're plastic, right? What whould you use that would seal the hole and not just pop again?

Mike

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time for new bags.Next time keep a small amount of air pressure in the system so they don't get pinched again. D.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roger....

I took the car to the shop...put it on a lift...saw the holes again...changed tranny fluid...and put back on the ground.
I was telling a mechanic about the holes and went to show him how big the holes were by putting air in them, and "boing"....the bags inflated again.. usually I cant even get 1 psi out of them because the air just flows out. :confused: Turns out when the car was put back on the ground..it folded over the hole...At least thats my theory

It's been 3 days now of daily driving,and they still have the same amount of air in them...And I'm telling you!..These holes are as big as an inch wide!
Guess I'll just take it to the lifts every now and then :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know airlift has great customer support, and a letter or call will probably get you in buisness for nada.

Peter

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call and ask for Aaron Lundy. He's the son of the owner. tell him someone from the S10 forum told you to talk to him and see what options you would have. They might not do nothing, but from everything I've ever seen, they'll hook you up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts