Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the part number is for the air pump delete sticker? Does anybody know where to buy one of these stickers? I found one on impala ss superstore, but they wanted like $10.00 just to ship a $6.00 sticker! Thanks guys!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just out of curiousity, even if the air pump isn't required to be working, doesn't it still have to be in place? I'm wondering if I got the sticker I could pull it out and pass PA inspection.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that part number man! I looked on the internet and found a couple of those stickers, but they all want like $10.00 just for shipping! Thats like $20.00 for a little sticker! Im going to check my work on monday to see what it costs me with my discount and no shipping costs. Also I don't think it matters if the pump is on or off the car, as long as that sticker is present. Maybe California emissions still require it tho? Lata guys!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 350 INCH 95:
Just out of curiousity, even if the air pump isn't required to be working, doesn't it still have to be in place? I'm wondering if I got the sticker I could pull it out and pass PA inspection.
Just do a search for TSB#01-06-04-011 -- if your vehicle is one of those listed and you follow the procedure exactly as shown you should be all set

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt that you really need one of the stickers. The people at the test stations don't look for anything but the CAT - however the guy was looking at my muffler with his mirror. I have removed the Air Pump on both my 96 RM Wagon and 94 Fleetwood and have never had a problem. When RM air pump failed, I left it in place, but later the check-valve failed and melted the rubber tubing so I had a exhaust leak under the hood, I removed and caped it. That was 3 years ago and I have never had a problem with inspections.

Realize the guys at the test station have probably never seen a Fleetwood, don't know what the Air pump looks like or where it is located.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts